The Commercial Sales Engineer position will provide professional support, estimates, sales and project management to all existing and potentially new commercial customers. Estimates will primarily focus on replacement equipment and small remodel projects associated with each of the trades Ellingsons offers in ND; Commercial HVAC/Plumbing, Residential HVAC/Plumbing, and Service HVAC/Plumbing, as well as preventive maintenance programs to complement each trade.
It is the Commercial Sales Engineer’s responsibility to take ownership of their customer base through adequate communication, maintaining their preventive maintenance agreements, service requests and planned or unplanned replacement options.
Essential Job Functions
- Seek potential commercial customers for HVAC & Plumbing equipment replacement by cold call, phone, email, mailings, etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with commercial customers
- Create, sell, update, and maintain commercial Preventive Maintenance Contracts
- Produce estimates pertaining to sales opportunities
- Document and Report all sales activity to the VP of Business Development
- Create new construction sales opportunities for Ellingsons.
- Stay current on commercial equipment, technology, rebates, and grants associated with trade specific opportunities
- Organizational skills
- Solution thinking
- Ability to deliver on departmental metrics
- Ability to manage small to medium commercial projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel, Outlook, and Web Search
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills to develop relationships throughout the company and customer base
Commercial Sales Skills and Qualifications
- Mechanical, Electrical & DDC equipment knowledge/application
- Plumbing, Electrical & HVAC code knowledge
- Foster Teamwork
- Proven working experience in service or installations
- Promoting process improvement
- Building relationships
- Organizational astuteness
- People skills
Founded in 1980, Ellingsons provides customers the best mechanical and electrical solutions. With over 100 employees in Alexandria, Minnesota, as well as Dickinson North Dakota, we serve these communities while maintaining a family-like environment.
Our highly-trained staff works closely with residential and commercial customers. We design, install and maintain our customers’ plumbing, HVAC, electrical, fireplace, fabrication, service, and commercial building automation needs. Learn more.